Injection Sclerotherapy for Hemorrhoid
According to the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), about half of Americans aged 50 years and above experience signs of hemorrhoids or piles. The disorder is characterized by soreness, itching, and bleeding in the anus or lower rectum. It can be caused by painful veins which swell. It is grouped into two kinds. It is an internal hemorrhoid if the inflamed veins are inside the rectum. It is external if it is under the skin that surrounds the anus. One who has this condition can take over the counter medicine, undergo a surgical procedure or try a non-surgical approach such as injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid.
- Sclerotherapy is only one of the non-surgical treatments for hemorrhoid.
- In fact, it is one of the oldest strategies used for managing this condition.
- Other non-surgical treatments include rubber band ligation, cryotherapy and warm coagulation.
- With this approach, the particular medical practitioner would inject phenol or quinine urea in liquid form.
- They are the ones referred to as the sclerosants.
- Their main goal is to get rid of the long-period but mild inflammation.
- The patients are usually requested to defecate before injecting the actual sclerosants.
- Defecating right after the treatment will be strongly discouraged because it may reduce treatment's performance.
- The area to be treated is usually oiled and pain killer may be given.
The Sclerosants Must be Injected to the Hemorrhoids' Base
It is not completely pain-free but the pain is experienced much shorter than the one experienced after a surgical procedure. This hemorrhoid management technique usually requires only a day for the pain to go away. It is an outpatient procedure but most doctors recommend that you have someone come with you as well as drive you home.
One of the benefits of this injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid is the fact that the results are quick even if it is less costly than other treatments. The soreness would diminish fast. One can see results at least a week after the fluids are injected. The hemorrhoids will come out of the body with the normal bowel movement, which must be pain and blood-free.
Another Good Thing about this Therapy is that It is Non-Invasive
This is why it is one of the most recommended to seniors suffering from the said disorder. Unlike surgical procedures, treating liquids to the veins does not require significantly strength and excellent health.
Of Course, Any Kind of Treatment Has Its Downside
In the case of sclerotherapy, one may develop scars in the affected area when the inflammation is handled. Moreover, the medical practitioners limit the treatment to only three hemorrhoids per sessions. It cannot be used for very large inflamed blood vessels or third degree piles, too. In addition to that the injected phenol is less effective on large piles, there is also a chance for thrombus. Another downside is that the benefits of this treatment are not permanent. The problem may come back after a year or so.
Win The Battle Against Your Hemorrhoids With These Tips An easy and simple way to relieve the pain and discomfort caused by hemorrhoids is to apply hot and cold compresses to the inflamed region. First put ice on the area and keep it there for about 10 minutes. Then replace it with a warm wet cloth and...
- Additionally, the injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoids may be great for the elderly suffering from piles but it is not for everyone.
- It cannot be given to those who have other inflammatory bowel conditions such as the ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
Hemorrhoids Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Hemorrhoids causes, symptoms & diagnosis healthline . , . . . . Hemorrhoids be caused by a few different factors. The most common cause of hemorrhoids is ...
To understand other treatments for hemorrhoids please visit http://how-to-cure-hemorrhoids-fast.blogspot.com and http://how-to-get-rid-of-hemorrhoids-at-home.blogspot.com.
For French visit http://traiter-les-hemorroides-naturellement.blogspot.com and http://hemorroide-faits-traitements.blogspot.com.
For Spanish visit http://tratamiento-de-las-hemorroides.blogspot.com With regard to Italian check out http://come-curare-emorroidi-modo-naturale.blogspot.com.
For German Check Out Http://Hamorrhoiden-Behandlung-Hausmittel.Blogspot.Com
For Portuguese visit http://como-curar-hemorroida-naturalmente.blogspot.com.